Whether they're coming or going, you can keep your Event List organized by moving your clients to a specific list, such as the 'Did Not Book' list.
In this article, you will learn:
- How to move a client to the 'Did Not Book' list.
- How to move a client from the 'Did Not Book' list to the 'Current' list.
- What the 'Archived' list is for.
How to move a client to the 'Did Not Book' list:
- Find your client on the 'Current' Event List.
- Click the checkbox on the far right side of the page.
- At the bottom, you'll see a button 'Mark As Did Not Book' - click this.
- You'll see the client has been removed.
How to move a client from the 'Did Not Book' list to the 'Current' list:
This process is similar to the one above; however, first, we need to change lists.
- Click the area that says 'Current: X Records' to open the drop-down menu to select the 'Did Not Book' list.
- Once the list loads, find your client.
- Click the checkbox on the far right of the page.
- At the bottom of the page, click the 'Mark As Active' button.
- Special Note: Changing the status icon will not move the client to the current list. You must click the 'Mark As Active' button!
What is the 'Archived' list for?
This is an open-ended list for you to use in any way you desire! Moving clients to and from the archived list is similar to above, but you would click 'Archive' to move your client to the 'Archived' list. To move your client from the 'Archived' list back to the 'Current' list, you will click the 'Restore' button.
Special Note: The event moved from the 'Archived' list will return to whichever list it was in when you chose to archive it. For example, if the event was in the 'Did Not Book' list, restoring it would restore it to your 'Did Not Book' list.