The Recipe Gallery is a comprehensive view of all the arrangements saved in your Details account. It comes preloaded with examples, and then it's yours to work with!
There are so many different features and functions included in the 'Recipe Gallery'. These include creating recipes, using the search and filters tool, 'Table' view, and sorting. Let's go through each section of the 'Recipe Gallery' starting with creating a recipe.
Creating A Recipe
Recipes are an essential part of creating events in Details. To add a new recipe to your 'Recipe Gallery', click on the '+ New Recipe' button in the upper left-hand corner of the gallery. On the resulting screen, you will have the option to add
- Recipe Image: Click the 'Change/Upload Image' to select a photo from your computer to upload as the Recipe image.
- Recipe Name: Enter a descriptive title; or whatever is going to be easiest to search for later when you need to locate and access the Recipe.
- Description: Optionally, include a description of the arrangement, but keep in mind that it is meant for clients to view on the proposal. So make it flowery!
- Ingredients: Enter ingredients one at a time by clicking 'Add Ingredient', entering a search term, selecting the desired item from the resulting list, and then enter a quantity to finish adding that ingredient. Repeat these steps for each additional ingredient.
- Cost: This field will automatically populate with the cost of the recipe ingredients after it is used on a worksheet for the first time. When first creating a recipe this will stay at $0.00!
- Markup: Optionally, a markup percentage can be entered into this field if the markup for this particular recipe differs from the default markup for the account.
- Price: The price for a recipe will automatically be populated after it is used on a worksheet for the first time. The price is determined by the markup of the cost. Optionally, a flat price may be entered into this field to override the automatically calculated price.
- Category: For organizational purposes, recipes can be categorized. This is particularly useful if you're using the Search & Filters to narrow your gallery down to specific categories. You can create as many categories as you need!
- Styles: Optionally, recipes can also be assigned different styles. Again, This is particularly useful if you're using the Search & Filters to narrow your gallery down to specific styles.
- Show in Gallery: Set this recipe to hidden or displayed in your gallery. It will default to being displayed.
Learn more about adding and editing recipes within the 'Recipe Gallery' here!
Using The Search & Filters Tools
The search and filters tool will allow you to quickly find recipes based on their name, category, style, colors, or months of availability.
- Search by Name: Enter a keyword or full item name.
- Search by Type: Check any of the boxes for item types you would like to view.
- Search by Color: Select a color from the ones shown, enter a color code, or click the palette icon to use the Color Palette tool to find a color. You can also adjust the color match threshold by clicking '+ Advanced' and dragging the dot closer or farther away on the line.
- Search by Availability: Click the checkbox for each month you wish to include in your search
Once you've set up your search and/or filter terms, click the 'Search' button or hit 'Enter' on your keyboard to execute the search. Use the 'Clear' button to reset the fields.
When using the 'Recipe Gallery' search and filters tool, you have the option to choose And/Or logic giving you more control over your search. For example, you can search for recipes named 'Rose Bouquet' and recipes that include the color 'Red' or you can search for recipes that are named 'Rose Bouquet' or include the color 'Red'.
💡The 'Colors' and 'Availability' information will be pulled from the items that make up the arrangement so make sure you set that information up in your 'Item Gallery'!
Sorting The Recipe Gallery
The 'Recipe Gallery' is a great place to store all of your arrangements. Once you get to have a large amount, you may want to sort them in a certain way. The sorting tool will allow you to sort
- By Name In Ascending (0 - Z) Or Descending Order (Z-0)
- By Most Recent In Ascending (Most recently created) Or Descending Order (Oldest Created Recipe)
- By Last Updated In Ascending (Most Recently Updated) Or Descending Order (Earliest Updated)
You can easily switch by clicking the up and down arrows to the left of each option!
The 'Table' View
Using table view will give you the opportunity to easily go down the list of recipes and remove or restore any of your recipes, show you a brief portion of the description, and list the recipe name. You can click on any one of the recipes to open up the full recipe screen where you can make adjustments. To open the table view click the 'Table' button in the upper right-hand corner of the 'Recipe Gallery'