There are many default settings, as well as cost information, that you will want to update before you add in your first client. To keep it easy, we've constructed one article with everything we suggest you complete.
While you are able to adjust any settings within a specific client event, it's much more efficient to complete your company set up before you start adding in clients. This way, you can be sure that nothing slips through the cracks. Think of this article as your starting checklist with supporting documents for you to reference. To access your main company default settings, click the 3 lines on the upper-left corner > Company.
Here's what you will find in this article:
- Filling in your company information.
- Setting up your Event Defaults.
- Creating your contract terms.
- Company financial defaults.
- Invoicing (optional).
- Updating stem cost, rentals, and more in your Resource Galleries.
- Browse the Marketplace for any additional premium proposal templates.
Make sure you fill out each section completely, as your phone, email, and web address are showcased on the proposal. The 'About Company' is optional. At this time, does not showcase anywhere on the proposal.
- To learn more about this area, check out this article: How do I set up my company information?
Your Event Defaults:
This is one of the most important pages to visit before you add in your first client. On this page, you will set your tax rates, markup, fees, and adjust the line items to your liking. You also have the ability to fill in your 'Estimated Price', which is incredibly handy for completing quick quotes. To make the best use of this page, we recommend you read the following articles:
- How do I build my Event Default Worksheet? (admin fee, taxes, line items, and fees)
- How do I add fees to my event?
- How do I add a convenience fee to the event total? (Admin Fee)
- Can I adjust line items for a specific event? (it works the exact same way on your Event Default page).
Whether you plan on using your own or working with some of ours, this is a page you will want to go through with a fine-tooth comb. Need some suggestions? We recommend joining out Facebook Community and reaching out to our florists. They have great ideas and are more than happy to share with you! Click here to join Details Flowers Floral & Event Community.
- To learn more about your Contract Terms, check out this article: How do I create my contract terms?
From currency type, to required payment schedule - this is a page you do not want to miss.
- Here's the article you will want to check out: How do I create my default financial settings?
Details Invoicing is an optional (and amazing) service that allows you to collect payments online. All payments are processed via Stripe and automatically logged in your Details account. It's just a few more things you can take off your plate! Click the 'Connect With Stripe' button to get started.
- If you already have a Stripe Account, click the 'Sign In' link at the top of the form.
Update stem costs, add items, and more:
The stem costs you see within Details are based off of years of historical data averaged out. Due to varying prices, we recommend you take the time to review the costs and update them to reflect the common costs you see in your area. This will help ensure you're recipes are priced out as accurately as possible. You will also want to take some time in your galleries and update the other pre-loaded recipes & items. We recommend you review these articles:
- How do I update my stem costs?
- How do I add a new item to my resources?
- How do I delete or restore items to my gallery?
Stock up on premium proposal templates:
Check out the Details Marketplace to find your perfect proposal template(s)! Your account already comes stocked with two (Blossom and Blooming), but you may find a different one that better suits your style. Once purchased, the template is available for the life of your account and you are free to use it as often as you like. If you're an Annual or Enterprise subscriber, you should have received a Marketplace credit to purchase additional premium templates. (If not, please reach out to us via the support interface located in Details!)
Special Note: Want to receive your own credit? Complete an online review on Capterra and/or G2 Crowd and get $25 for each posted review. Make sure you complete them with your first name and last initial so we know it was you (otherwise, reach out to us via the support interface and let us know you completed them).
Here's a sample of our premium templates: