Getting Started With Details
Education & Learning
The Worksheet: Marking Items or Lines as Non-taxable
If you're in a state that does not require you to charge your customer tax on certain items, follow the steps below.
If removing tax for a specific ingredient in a recipe:
- First, make sure that your recipe price is unlocked (the lock is not red). In order to change the tax on a recipe ingredient the recipe price must be and stay unlocked!
- Click the 'TP' and change it to 'NT' - this stands for non-taxable product.
- To learn more about these items, check out this article: What is the difference between a TP, TS, TL, and NT?
If removing the tax from an entire line item:
- This is helpful if the entire line item is a rental, for example, 'Vases'.
- Lock in the price (if a recipe has been built) in order to change the line item from a 'TP' to a 'NT'.
- If there is no recipe - just a qty, the price can be locked or unlocked.