Without a doubt, the most fun portion of Details is customizing the proposal template for your client!
When it comes to your proposal template, there are many things you can customize to fit your style. In this article, you will learn:
- How to change the proposal theme.
- How to change the text on the template.
- How to change photos on the template.
- How to view different pages of the template.
- How to hide pages of the proposal (great if you collect a booking fee)!
- How to sign your contract.
How to change the proposal theme (change the template):
- Once the proposal page loads, click the drop-down menu under 'Theme' to see your list of available templates. Every account starts with Blooming, Blossom, and Vanilla. Blooming and Blossom are premium templates that you can add photos to. Vanilla is just as it sounds - a simple, timeless classic.
- Special Note: You can purchase additional premium proposal templates in the Details Marketplace.
How to change the text on the template:
When it comes to editing your proposal (text and photos) the easiest way to learn what you can edit is by scrolling over the template itself. If it outlines in red, you are able to edit it.
- Hover over the text you wish to edit - it will outline in red.
- Click the text. This will highlight the text box on the left within the proposal editor.
- Enter in your preferred text.
How to change photos on the template:
Each proposal template will always load with placeholder images. These are the images you will update before you send them to your client.
- Hover over the image you wish to update - it will outline in red.
- Click the image. This will pull up a photo box where you can upload a new photo, pick from your Inspiration Gallery, select from your Event Inspiration, or from the recipe and/or item images you uploaded on your Design Board (we prefer this method).
- Select the image you would like and it will push to that photo box on the template.
- Special Note: You might need to try a few different photos to see which one fits the best in a particular space. At this time, you are unable to move a photo/resize within a template photo space.
How to view different pages of the template:
- On the right side of the proposal template, you will see the text 'Current Page'
- Click the drop-down menu to select your desired page.
How to hide pages of your proposal:
Want to send your client the Contract Terms and Summary only? Perhaps you don't want to show the 'Breakdown' page. Hiding proposal pages allows you to customize it to fit your needs.
- Go to the page you wish to hide.
- On the left-hand side lives the proposal editor. Find the spot labeled 'Page Visibility'
- Change it from 'Visible' to 'Hidden'
- Special Note: You can also hide additional details, like line item prices, item groups on the 'Items' page, and the company representative signature line.
How to sign your contract (Optional):
- Go to the 'Summary' page of the proposal.
- Click inside the 'Company Representative' box to highlight where to type in your name (in the editor to the left).
- Type in your name.
- Follow the same process for selecting a date.
- Special Note: If you do not want to do this, you can opt to hide the signature line by changing the visibility to 'Hidden'
Check out this short walkthrough video of creating a proposal and all of the fun things you can do with the proposal editor!