Set up this Zap to have incoming messages to your Gmail account be logged to corresponding client logs in Details.
Having email messages from clients automatically populate in their client log within Details is a great way to keep track of and manage incoming communications!
Note: This is not retroactive and will only apply to events you created after implementing this Zap.
- First, click the 'Make a Zap' button.
- In the search bar, type in 'Gmail' and select it as your trigger app.
- Click 'New Email' and then ' Continue'.
- If you have not already connected your Gmail account, do so. Otherwise, just click 'Continue'.
- There is one optional field for you to select a value for, which you can use to customize the mailbox that Zapier is looking for messages within. However, you can leave it blank and click 'Continue' if you want it to search your whole Gmail account.
- Select a sample message to test this Zap with and click 'Continue'
- Choose Details Flowers as your action app.
- Select 'Create Client Log Entry' as your action and then continue.
- If you haven't done so before, connect your Details Flowers account to Zapier. Click 'Continue' to move on to the next step.
There are two required fields here, but we'll recommend you insert a value for each of the following four:
- Find Type: Use value 'Client E-mail Address'
- Client Email: Use value 'From Email'
- Description: Use value 'Subject'
- Note: Use value 'Body Plain'
Once you've input the desired values for the available fields, continue on to the test portion and run it. Then, finish and activate your shiny, new Zap!